Six-Week Course on Health Economics and the Health Outcome Liaisons
All Rights Reserved
The Course is currently closed. Please check back for more courses like this!
Course content includes:
- The role of the MSL and Health Economics Liaison
- Review Managed Care Models
- Review Value Development Plans (VDP)
- Review the components of a Value Dossier and Develop an individualized Dossier
- HEOR impact on Licensing and R&D
- Review Market Access Strategies to include pricing, research plans, and sales strategy
- Identify tactical outcomes research and economic models to demonstrate the clinical and economic elements
- Define the communication strategy and tactics for the diverse audience to include Government and Lobbyist, Health Plans, IDNs, Advocacy Groups, and KOLs
- Address price strategy and reimbursement
- Review new technologies to enable communication in the form of field tools such as calculators and dashboards
What is a Value Dossier?
- A Value Dossier presents a summary of the clinical, economic, and humanistic value and supporting evidence (studies) for a new product in a disease area as well as background information on that disease. This includes the burden of illness and epidemiology
- The dossier development process involves the creation of value messages, an evaluation of the evidence supporting each of the messages, and identification of evidence GAPs
- The dossier can be instrumental as a guide the development of future research studies, publication strategies, and other evidence generation activities.
What information is in the Value Dossier?
- Disease Description
- Global Epidemiology and Global Burden of Illness
- Summary of Treatment Pathways, Guidelines, and Competitor Landscape
- Unmet Medical Need and Place of New Product in Clinical Pathway
- Value Story
- Clinical, Economic, and Humanistic Value Messages and Statements
- Summary of Evidence Supporting Product Value
- Clinical Evidence: Summary of Safety and Efficacy Studies
- Humanistic Evidence: Summary of Outcomes Studies to include Quality of Life Studies
Course Details and Registration?
Course will be a mixture of online modules, webinars and 1:1 interactions with the Nascent Medical team led by Jennifer Williams PhD, JD, MBA, RN, MS. Other team members include Jennifer Johnson, MD, MBA, Emma Nichols PhD and Chrystie Leonard MS, MBA. We have ability to provide onsite course training for corporations.
If you have questions you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.